This quantity describes the expanding function of in situ optical diagnostics in skinny movie processing for functions starting from basic technology reports to technique improvement to regulate in the course of production. the most important good thing about optical diagnostics in those purposes is they are typically noninvasive and nonintrusive. Optical probes of the skin, movie, wafer, and fuel above the wafer are defined for plenty of approaches, together with plasma etching, MBE, MOCVD, and quick thermal processing. for every optical method, the underlying rules are provided, modes of experimental implementation are defined, and functions of the diagnostic in skinny movie processing are analyzed, with examples drawn from microelectronics and optoelectronics. distinct awareness is paid to real-time probing of the outside, to the noninvasive dimension of temperature, and to using optical probes for procedure control.
Optical Diagnostics for skinny movie Processing is exclusive. No different quantity explores the real-time software of optical ideas in all modes of skinny movie processing. The textual content can be utilized through scholars and people new to the subject as an advent and overview of the topic. It additionally serves as a entire source for engineers, technicians, researchers, and scientists already operating within the box.
* the single quantity that comprehensively explores in situ, real-time, optical probes for all sorts of skinny movie processing
* precious as an advent to the topic or as a source handbook
* Covers a variety of skinny movie strategies together with plasma etching, MBE, MOCVD, and quick thermal processing
* Examples emphasize functions in microelectronics and optoelectronics
* Introductory bankruptcy serves as a consultant to all optical diagnostics and their applications
* each one bankruptcy offers the underlying ideas, experimental implementation, and purposes for a selected optical diagnostic